[Samba] Windows 2008 Standard SP2 cannot access samba share by hostname but ok with IP

Jerome Yanga jerome.yanga at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 15:20:04 MDT 2013

Rowland,

Indeed, we are a step closer.  Thanks, to you.  :)

Moreover, thank you for more info regarding the socket option.  I shall
keep it off our config.

Regarding the files being copied, it is just a drag and drop from any
systems that didn't used to have the hostname issue to any of the samba
shares.

Through further testing,I find that if i comment out the following
settings, the second issue disappears.  However, it kinda confuses me that
this resolves the issue when by definition it should have improved
performance.  Moreover, I am concerned about turning this off because many
people in our organization uses scripts to perform copies from one system
to one or more shares.

        oplocks = No
        level2 oplocks = No

regards,