[Samba] Windows 2008 Standard SP2 cannot access samba share by hostname but ok with IP

Jerome Yanga jerome.yanga at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 13:04:47 MDT 2013

Rowland,

Changing the security alone (regardless of removing the socket options or
not...i tested both) resolved the first issue (connecting via hostname).
 However, the second issue is still there.

Just a refresher, here are the two issues issues.
01)  Windows 2008 Standard servers cannot access the samba shares via the
hostname.
02)  The popup window "Error 0x80070021:  The process cannot access the
file because another process has locked the portion of the file" is
encountered whenever a file is copied into the share.

regards,