[Samba] Windows 2008 Standard SP2 cannot access samba share by hostname but ok with IP

Jerome Yanga jerome.yanga at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 08:31:44 MDT 2013

Rowland,

Here are the info that you have requested.  I had to change the names a
bit.  :)

The two issues that I am having are as follows:
01)  Windows 2008 Standard servers cannot access the samba shares via the
hostname.
02)  The popup window "Error 0x80070021:  The process cannot access the
file because another process has locked the portion of the file" is
encountered whenever a file is copied into the share.

OS: RHEL 6.4 (32 bit)
Samba version 4.0.0-55

[global]
workgroup = TEST
realm = SAMPLE.COM
netbios aliases = SAMBA1, SAMBA2
server string = Samba Server Version %v
security = DOMAIN
map to guest = Bad Uid
username map = /etc/samba/user_map
syslog = 2
log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log
max log size = 50000
deadtime = 5
max smbd processes = 300
socket options = SO_RCVBUF=32767 SO_SNDBUF=32767 TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
IPTOS_THROUGHPUT
load printers = No
printcap name = /dev/null
disable spoolss = Yes