[Samba] Problem with Classic-Migration and Sernet Samba4 Packages

Achim Gottinger achim at ag-web.biz
Thu Oct 10 05:18:52 MDT 2013

Hi,

I'm testing an classic migration from samba3/openldap to samba4 on
debian wheezy. Last time i did this i used an self compiled samba4
installation. I followed the howto and used openldap with an cloned db
on my new server. Now I try the same with sernet's samba4 packages. But
sernet-samba-ad does already provide ldap and slapd services and also
has ldap-server and slapd in "Breaks" so installing slapd is not possible.
As an quick workaround I edited /var/lib/dpkg/status and removed
ldap-server and slap from the sernet-samba-ad "Breaks" definitions and
remove ldap and slapd from the line "Provides:" in
/etc/init.d/serner-samba-ad. Aftewards slapd installed without errors.
Thought i post this here, since slapd can also be used as an ldap proxy
in conjunction with samba4.

achim~