[Samba] DNS frustration

Scott Goodwin scott at mimicsimulation.com
Wed Oct 9 13:15:10 MDT 2013

Thanks for the advice Steve. I had actually tried this before, and it did
work temporarily, but after a few hours, the updates starting failing again.
This is so weird! Why is this happening?  I have nothing but respect for
the samba team and all their hard work, but egads, I just can't figure out
why such a critical issue is still running rampant.  (Ok, so it's not
critical in the sense that all your clients are down, and they can't work.
But heck, every time a pc gets a new dhcp lease, I have to change it by
hand, and that becomes a maintenance nightmare).
I'm being completely serious when I say this: how do larger companies that
have rolled out samba4 cope with this issue? Is there some workaround I'm
not aware of?

*Scott Goodwin*
IT Lead
Mimic Technologies, Inc
811 First Avenue, Suite 408  |  Seattle, WA 98104
phone: 1.800.918.1670  |  direct: 206.456.9180
fax: 206.623.3491  |  cell: 206.355.7767