[Samba] wbinfo -i domain_username issue

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Wed Oct 9 07:06:27 MDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-10-09 at 10:18 +0200, Alessio Tomelleri wrote:

> Thx Steve for your quick replay.
>
> ...and sorry for my late, but I was away in last two days, anyway here
> I'am...
>
> For first, nscd is not running anywhere...
>
> Secondly, I have to admit that perhaps (almost sure), I have
> misunderstood something about samba4/winbind, and these two last day had
> been useful to clarify to me...
>
> Yes, that configuration implies what you wrote... actually AD relies to
> a 2k3 servers that have not any uidNumber and/or gidNumber conf... I
> think I have to relies to our old openldap or switch to config this
> "member server"  as samba4 dc integrated in domain
>
> Thx, Alessio Tomelleri

Hi
2003 didn't have either rfc2307 nor sfu, so if you wish to keep your
idmap in ad then you'll need to extend the schema to sfu. The other
alternative (which I hate) is the rid backend:

idmap config *:backend = tdb
idmap config *:range = 70001-80000
idmap config SHORTDOMAIN:backend = rid
idmap config SHORTDOMAIN:range = 500-40000

It maps the uid:gid pair depending on the RID and stores the values in a
second db.
HTH
Steve