[Samba] samba 4 DC slow users bulk load

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Oct 7 14:38:08 MDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-10-07 at 22:52 +0300, Nikos Mitas wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> all three samba4 DC's have 16 GB RAM each and 2 sockets with 4 cores each
> (total 8 cores each) the three DC's and the identity manager are in the
> same VLAN.
>
> but today i noticed that during bulk load only one core is busy 100% and
> the rest are idle. i was unable to run samba under TDB_NO_FSYNC=1 today.
> maybe tomorrow.
>
> this is the link for the perf.data file:
> http://www.sendspace.com/file/9g46ll
> this is my smb.conf:

The pref.data file isn't any use to me without your full build tree, so
the best way to use it is to then run 'perf report -g' and investigate
where the highest CPU users are, and what calls them.  (it is
curses-based tool).

The 100% busy CPU is because the LDAP server is single-threaded, so that
isn't really unexpected.

I hope this helps you make some more progress chasing this down.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett
http://samba.org/~abartlet/