[Samba] samba 4 DC slow users bulk load

Nikos Mitas nkmitas at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 13:52:56 MDT 2013

Hello again,

all three samba4 DC's have 16 GB RAM each and 2 sockets with 4 cores each
(total 8 cores each) the three DC's and the identity manager are in the
same VLAN.

but today i noticed that during bulk load only one core is busy 100% and
the rest are idle. i was unable to run samba under TDB_NO_FSYNC=1 today.
maybe tomorrow.

this is the link for the perf.data file:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9g46ll
this is my smb.conf:

# Global parameters
[global]

workgroup = NKMITAS
realm = nkmitas.gr
netbios name = SAMBA4DC3
server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbind,
ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate

[netlogon]
path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/nkmitas.gr/scripts
read only = No

[sysvol] path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
read only = No

thanks for your help