[Samba] Failover

Sandbox sandboxheh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 07:36:31 MDT 2013

Hi guys,

I have a domain with Samba 4.0.5 domain controllers and also a failover
DRBD shared disk, where the "active" DC controlls the access to the disk.
DOMAINC01 - 10.48.16.150
DOMAINC02 - 10.48.16.151
DOMAINCHA - 10.48.16.155 << this would be the failover IP, which works
perfectly on Windows XP clients.
I can see the shares, just like on DOMAINC01 or DOMAINC02 and if the users
has the proper credentials they can write open etc.
But when I try to do the same on a Windows 7 client I simply get an error
message " You dont have the proper rights to open the directory"
I guess because of the DOMAINCHA "virtual" controller is not in the AC, but
shall I add a computer to the AC so my win7 clients could open the
available shares?

Thanks,

Robert