[Samba] create_local_nt_token_from_info3 not pulling supplementary UNIX groups

Fri Oct 4 08:43:47 MDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 10:37:07AM -0400, Brian H. Nelson wrote:
> Can anyone with knowledge about this issue offer any comment?
> Somebody has to have an idea about it, good or bad.

The general idea is that we 100% rely on what the Domain
Controller tells us. username map is an explicit override
by which you tell Samba that you do not want to listen to
the domain. If you happen to run with winbind, you might
want to create local groups and add members to those. (net
sam createlocalgroup, addmem and so on).

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de