[Samba] Cisco ISE unable to retrieve AD group list from samba 4 server

Andreas Oster aoster at novanetwork.de
Wed Oct 2 03:38:21 MDT 2013

Hi all,

I have run into a problem with our samba4 setup. I have successfully
joined a Cisco ISE v1.1.4 (Identity Service Engine) test machine to the
samba4 AD. User authentication does work but unfortunately the ISE is
unable to fetch the AD groups from the domain controller. In the samba
logs I get the following error message when initiating the group fetch:

[2013/10/02 10:21:37.605554,  0]
../source4/cldap_server/cldap_server.c:54(cldapd_request_handler)
  Invalid CLDAP request type 16 from ipv4:10.250.12.218:51136

Has anybody had a similar problem and found a solution for it ?

Thank you for your kind help

best regards

Andreas