[Samba] Must Samba4 AD be provisionned with rfc2307 to use winbind ?

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 1 06:29:32 MDT 2013

On 01/10/13 12:57, Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-10-01 at 12:44 +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
>
> [SNIP]
>
>> Here we go again, your logic is flawed, just because you personally know
>> of lots of windows 2003 & 2000 servers that have 'uidNumbers' does not
>> mean Samba 4 is level 2003.
>>
> No my logic is not flawed. You can *NEVER* determine the AD server level
> by looking at the schema.
The logic as you wrote it, was flawed, you basically said that even if
the server had 'uidnumber' it wouldn't be 2003R2, at no point in your
initial post did you mention rpc calls.

I am trying to find out just what level samba 4 is, I think that it is
not really 2003. It is not really helpful if you jump in with 'wrong'
and then do not explain correctly. So, as you seem to know a bit about
this, how do you find out what level a windows server is?

Rowland