[Samba] How to properly change my Samba4 domain name?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Nov 30 21:49:21 MST 2013

On Wed, 2013-11-27 at 16:45 -0800, Scott Goodwin wrote:
> So it seems that I improperly planned my Samba4 deployment, and I need to
> rename my domain. Wondering how to do this properly so that clients will
> not be forced to rejoin, etc.

Currently we don't support it.  Even migrating to Windows, running the
MS tool there and then replicating back won't work, as we don't like the
incremented replication epoch counter.

It needs someone to spend a fair effort in our replication code.  We
need someone committed to making this happen to learn enough about this
area and to follow though with working and tested patches.

Sorry,

Andrew Bartlett