[Samba] samba-3.6.9, winbind and template homedir

Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Thu Nov 28 05:21:58 MST 2013

Hi,

I have a centos samba samba-3.6.9 server using winbind to authenticate
and identify the users from an other samba server.

I liked to set

"template homedir  = /home/%G/%U" so the path looks like

/home/students/PeterPan

from wbinfo --group-info=students I see the GID 2202 for PeterPan

from wbinfo --user-info=PeterPan I see his GID 2202 too, but his
homepath is

	/home/2202/PeterPan

So the number is not mapped to the group name.

Any hints? Or suggestions?

	Thanks and regards . Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Thomas Schadt