[Samba] Import Schema from OpenLdap

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 26 05:40:21 MST 2013

On 26/11/13 12:05, Gian Henriques wrote:
> Hello, everyone.
>
> I try to export schema to ldif file and import to samba with
> "/usr/local/samba/bin/ldbadd -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb
> schema.ldif" but it fails.
>
> "schema_data_add: updates are not allowed: reject request"
>
> Can someone tell if is possible import schema from openldap database
> to samba4?
>
> Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Hi, there is a page on the wiki about this, but I cannot seem to get it
load at the moment, perhaps somebody could look at this?

basically, you need to get the ldif in the right format for samba 4 and
then stop samba 4 and then run a line similar to this:

ldbmodify -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb automount_attr.ldif
--option="dsdb:schema update allowed"=true

Then restart samba 4

Just what are you trying to import?

Rowland