[Samba] Enumeratings shares on Samba (3/4) servers with vbs

Tue Nov 19 13:24:28 MST 2013

On Sat, Nov 09, 2013 at 11:51:46PM +0100, Achim Gottinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Working on an login script here for my samba4 servers. I try to get
> an list of the shares on server with this vb code.
>
> Set shares = GetObject("WinNT://SERVER/LanmanServer")
>
> For Each s In shares
>
>   WScript.Echo s.Name
>
> Next

It seems that this vbs code assumes that we run the RPC
services we offer on smb named pipes also on TCP. With a
pure source3 based file server this is not the case. Can you
send network traces running this code against us and against
2003?

Thanks,

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de