[Samba] samba4.1 RODC with BIND as DNS backend

Michael Brown michael at netdirect.ca
Tue Nov 19 12:32:50 MST 2013

On 13-11-19 01:32 PM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> We may need code in the DLZ module to ask it to outright refuse all
> modifications up front, and to never attempt to make modifications
> itself.  After all, it is an RODC.
Ah - until I looked it up I didn't realize RODC also included RO DNS:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753223(v=ws.10).aspx
<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753223%28v=ws.10%29.aspx>
* Read-only Active Directory database
* RODC filtered attribute set
* Unidirectional replication
* Credential caching
* Administrator role separation
* Read-only Domain Name System

OK, yep that should happen. :) That makes sense now.

M.

--
Michael Brown               | `One of the main causes of the fall of
Systems Consultant          | the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero,