[Samba] samba4 smb.conf directive "dns recursive queries" unkown

Thomas Zeitinger thomas.zeitinger at it2.at
Fri Nov 15 08:34:07 MST 2013

Hi there,

I build a samba 4.0.11 on a Debian Wheezy from source, joined a existing
AD (samba works with internal dns) and have this smb.conf:

=======
# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = DOMAIN
        realm = DOMAIN.local
        netbios name = SAMBA1

        allow dns updates = nonsecure
        dns recursive queries = yes
        server services = +dns, +dnsupdate
        log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log
        max log size = 10000
        log level = 8
        debug timestamp = yes

[netlogon]
        path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/domain.local/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        read only = No
=======

When I do a testparm (samba-tool testparm) I get this error:

     Unknown parameter encountered: "dns recursive queries"
     Ignoring unknown parameter "dns recursive queries"

I can not find the proper directive for recursive queries...?

May someone help here?

Thanks!
Tom

--
Thomas Zeitinger
Kundenbetreuung

IT-Quadrat   EDV Dienstleistungs- und Handels GmbH
Krongasse 8/2 A-1050 Wien
Tel: +43 (1) 311 44 00 - 10
Fax: +43 (1) 311 44 00 - 90
Thomas.Zeitinger at it2.at