[Samba] empty password

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 18:29:38 MST 2013

Rob Janssen <rob at ision.nl> writes:

>> WARNING: The "null passwords" option is deprecated
> I cannot find the new option to achieve this.
> How is it supposed to be configured to not be flagged as "deprecated"?

Only Samba developers can undeprecate Samba features.

    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/deprecate

    2. (computing) To declare something obsolescent; to recommend
       against a function, technique, command, etc. that still works but
       has been replaced.

That warning is saying "null passwords work right now, but we plan to
remove them in the future, so you'd better think of another way to do
whatever it is you're doing."

You might be able to suppress the warning.
If so, I don't know how.