[Samba] net ads dns update

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Thu Nov 14 05:42:08 MST 2013

Hi Kevin,

> Can anyone provide me with a list of the DNS entries that are created
> when you run the command 'net ads dns update' ?

where do you try to run this command? Whether on samba3 of samba4,
syntax is incorrect:

[root at srvads.tranq ~]# net ads  dns update
Invalid command: net ads dns update
Usage:
net ads dns register        Add host dns entry to AD
net ads dns gethostbyname   Look up host

Perhaps you mean running the command samba_dnsupdate?

Cheers,

Denis

--
Denis Cardon