[Samba] manually add machines account - Fails at Primary Group

Jean Carlos Coelho coelho at teltecsolutions.com.br
Wed Nov 13 06:53:52 MST 2013

Hi!

First Question! At list.. :)

Recently I upgraded hardware and migrated server domains pdc, kept sid, hostname, users and passwords ..

when I do the tests on the new server presents a login error in trust accounts stations, tried to create the accounts manually with the command smbpasswd-a-s-m machine but always creates the primary group "Domain Users" and not "Computers "(I saw this information in pdbedit-Lv after manual creation).

If I re-add the domain registers correctly and functioning normally.

However, it creates a new user profile in Windows and ignores the profile of the previous domain, how can I adjust this problem to use the same profile with the new server (new domain)?

Thank You!