[Samba] getting ERROR: failed to setup guest info. But I cannot setup a guest account due to security policies

Jon West westjon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 10:52:49 MST 2013

Sorry by "Linux Users" I meant the literal definition, i.e. people using
linux, not people with accounts on my RHEL machines, our users all have
windows domain accounts as well. What I want is for someone to be able to
login to a RHEL machine with AD credentials then mount (type cifs) a
windows share (that resides on a native windows fileserver) without having
to type in their windows username and password at every time of mounting
(ie mount -t cifs //server/share username=ADname /Locallinuxdir) is that
possible?

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com