[Samba] getting ERROR: failed to setup guest info. But I cannot setup a guest account due to security policies

Jon West westjon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 10:22:21 MST 2013

Yes All I am trying to do is authenticate via AD, my linux box will not be
hosting files. There are shares on the windows domain controller that I
need to mount on my linux machine however and I'm trying to figure out the
best way to go about that. I don't want to have my users have to type in a
username and password every time they want to mount the windows share as
that might also be against security policy.