[Samba] static link libsmbclient.a got a lot of error, and how to include "smbtree" feature in program

wodemeng2007 at gmail.com wodemeng2007 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 01:54:44 MST 2013

Hi All:

I have some questions when writing a lib with libsmbclient-dev ,my target environment is  on any linux system.

1            I want to static link libsmbclient.a instead of using libsmbclient.so, but I got a lot of error , am I able to use libsmbclient-dev using static link?

2            I found that “smbtree” command is more stable in finding all those domains and servers than “smb://” , am I right? why?

3             so I used pipe run way to call “smbtree” command to get all the servers , but that requires installing samba-common ,can anybody tell me which part  of samba source code is for “smbtree” feature?

Thank you very much!!