[Samba] Users and shares disappeared
Trent W. Buck
trentbuck at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 01:04:37 MST 2013
Sandbox <sandboxheh at gmail.com> writes:
> I had a weird problem this morning.
> My users and all of the shares are gone.
> I tried to restart samba but that was not helped, wbinfo -u could not show
> any user.
> Restarted bind9 tho..nothing happend.
> What kind of process could do this?
> As a last chance I restarted the server..that helped.
That sounds like your immediate issue is fixed. Is that correct?
I would have checked to see if samba processes were still running,
especially after a "stop" but before a "start".
You should also check your logs to see if there's anything obviously
wrong while the problem was occurring.
Here are some generic troubleshooting questions to think about:
- what are the symptoms?
- how are they being tested for?
- when did they first present?
- when were they last *absent*?
- what changed in between those two times (or slightly earlier)?
- are symptoms presenting *right now*?
- are the symptoms reproducible reliably?
- if so, give a concise recipe to reproduce the symptoms.
- do the symptoms present for all users/sites/hosts/services/files/whatever?
- if not, list several users/... for who symptoms are present.
- if not, list several users/... for who symptoms are *absent*.
More information about the samba