[Samba] Can you combine filters with "net ads search"?

Andy Liebman andyliebman at aol.com
Thu Nov 7 16:36:23 MST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to combine filters with "net ads search".  I can run the following searches to get information about my Active Directory domain:

net ads search -P ObjectClass=organizationalUnit

returns informatio about my 2 OUs

net ads search -P objectClass=user

returns a list of all Domain Users

net ads search -P ObjectClass=person

returns basically the same as above

My question, however, is whether there is any way to combine these searches using "net ads search"?  For instance, I would like to get back a list of users (not computers) who are in one of my 2 OUs.  Is this possible?

Do I have to use ldapsearch to get this?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Andy Liebman