[Samba] idmap problems after update from 3.0.33 to 3.6.6

Thomas Attenberger thomas.attenberger at gmx.net
Thu Nov 7 05:04:22 MST 2013

Hi again,

we want to keep the tdb method.
After many ours of reading and searching, I have still no idea what can be
wrong.
Actually I'm hanging here:

wbinfo -n newuser    (is working)
wbinfo -s newusersid (is working)
wbinfo -S newusersid
failed to call wbcSidToUid: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND
Could not convert sid xxx to uid

If I take a look in the winbindd_idmap.tdb the newuser is not listed.

Has anyone some idea, what can be wrong?

Regards
Thomas