[Samba] Unable to join samba4 to AD as a DC

Michael Brown michael at netdirect.ca
Tue Nov 5 21:21:22 MST 2013

On 13-11-05 10:56 PM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> I suspect our IDL for DSBindInfo is incorrect, or does not have the
> level we need for 2012.
I did note that the samba4 documentation (somewhere) recommended not
going above W2008R2 functional level, so I did ensure I created the
forest and domain at W2008R2.

Shouldn't that be enough to avoid this problem? Is it worth the expense
of setting up another DC (running W2008R2) just to test domain join
against that machine?

M.

--
Michael Brown               | `One of the main causes of the fall of
Systems Consultant          | the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero,