[Samba] change user home

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Nov 4 01:31:00 MST 2013

Hai steve,

Im running Ubuntu 12.04.3 64bit, im using the sernet-samba packages.
Ive installed sernet-samba-ad.
Server is joined to windows 2008R2 domain, as DC.

and this is installed.
ii  libwbclient0                         99:4.0.10-8                         Glue package for sernet-samba-libs.
ii  sernet-samba                         99:4.0.10-8                         SMB/CIFS file, print, and login server for Unix
ii  sernet-samba-ad                      99:4.0.10-8                         Samba Active Directory Domain Controller
ii  sernet-samba-client                  99:4.0.10-8                         a LanManager-like simple client for Unix
ii  sernet-samba-common                  99:4.0.10-8                         Samba common files used by both the server and the client
ii  sernet-samba-keyring                 1.3                                 GnuPG archive keys of the SerNet Samba archive
ii  sernet-samba-libs                    99:4.0.10-8                         Samba common library files used by both the server and the client
ii  sernet-samba-libsmbclient0           99:4.0.10-8                         Shared library that allows applications to talk to SMB servers
ii  sernet-samba-libwbclient0            99:4.0.10-8                         Glue package for sernet-samba-libs.
ii  sernet-samba-winbind                 99:4.0.10-8                         Samba nameservice integration server

sssd is from this ppa.
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/sssd/updates/ubuntu precise main

i installed, sssd-ad ( apt-get install sssd-ad )
and when this is done, samba is removed :-(

I've installed the zarafa schema, this is working nicely.

Greetz,

Louis