[Samba] samba4 & (domain) dfs

Michael De Groote ict at sint-pietersschool.be
Fri May 31 09:11:05 MDT 2013

[update]

Connecting from WinXP works perfectly... (a non-domain xp machine)
I'll try to get some packet captures from an xp machine next week if that
is necessary... (only working one day/week at school, the rest of my
searching for this is in my spare time, but then i dont have physical
access to some machines, and for packet capturing on a windows machine,
well.. that's way more convenient)

it would be awesome if there was a way to have more debugging output from
the win7 client, like the way one can do e.g. with smbclient -d 5

>>> Collection/msdfs.html<http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/msdfs.html>
>>> http://us.generation-nt.com/**answer/samba-domain-dfs-samba-**
>>> 4-help-209347402.html<http://us.generation-nt.com/answer/samba-domain-dfs-samba-4-help-209347402.html>
>>> as well as the hints given in the thread *'Samba4 DFS Support'* on this
>>> list
>>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> *Questions:*
>>>
>>> 1. Am I misinterpreting the documentation? I was also under the
>>> impression
>>> that i would be able to access the subfolders inside the dfs-root
>>> directly... (which doesn't seme to be)
>>> 2. Does it just not work yet in samba4 and do i need to be patient?