[Samba] Need help with file corruption issue

Fri May 31 00:32:29 MDT 2013

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:20:24AM -0400, David Coppit wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've run into an issue and am wondering if folks can give some advice
> on how to resolve it.
>
> Basically Samba appears to be getting confused, providing some other
> file's contents.
>
> Initially I saw this on a Windows host that has mounted a share from
> CentOs, but I've been able to repro it on the CentOs host using a
> self-mount.

Sorry, I don't know perl enough to actually see the sequence
of events exactly enough. Can you explain for really stupid
people what this does and where the problem is? It might
help if you could send us an strace of that script producing
the error together with a network trace.

Also, I am a little confused about the scenario: You are
saying that you saw this on a Windows host that has mounted
a CentOs share? This means that the cifs kernel module is
not involved at all here?

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de