[Samba] ktpass.sh error / How to generate a keytab for a new service (apache) with SAMBA4?

Giedrius giedrius+samba at su.lt
Thu May 30 11:32:53 MDT 2013

Hi,
    had the same error trying to re-setup DNS keytab.
    In my setup  kvno was indeed existing, not seen by ktpass.sh
    The problem:
            1)    ldbsearch -k 1 does not work with ldap://localhost or
ldap://IP    you *must*** use hostname of the machine
            2)    ldbsearch (at least in my setup) does not exists,
where ktpass.sh is trying to find it.... and ktpass.sh *does not
complain about it*

    Try passing: --path-to-ldbsearch <directory_of_ldbsearch>
    Or alternatively, apply attached path to your samba source tree (ne
recompile needed)

    You can verify if you have this principal by: samba-tool spn list
<your user that should have this principal>