[Samba] Samba4 Secondary DC Replication Concerns

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Thu May 30 09:37:10 MDT 2013

Hello Paul,

Am 30.05.2013 13:53, schrieb Paul Littlefield:
> If I have 2 x Samba4 AD DCs, a primary and secondary, am I correct in
> assuming that if I add a Windows Client to the DOMAIN it should
> eventually replicate to the secondary DC?

What exactly do you mean? Machine accounts?

If you have multiple DC in your domain, and the directory replication
works ('samba-tool drs showrepl'), then every changes made are
transfered to each DC (accounts, directory ACLs, etc.)

Only the SysVol share replication is currently not implemented. You have
to find a workaround (like doing it with rsync).

Regard,
Marc