[Samba] Winbind does not update groups

Michael Schmitz mschmit1 at roger.iit.edu
Wed May 29 10:17:33 MDT 2013

I setup winbind as an authentication method on my Ubuntu server and the only issue I have is when I change a user's group in Active Director it doesn't update after a relogin. It shows up with a wbinfo -G but when I use the groups command or try to operate as a member. The only groups I am in are the ones that I was in when I first logged into the server. Does anyone know of why this is and if there is a work around. I am on samba 3.6 on Ubuntu 12.04.2

--Mike