[Samba] userAccountControl can't be set to 0x800002 (8388610, UF_ACCOUNTDISABLED | UF_PASSWORDEXPIRED):"samldb: Unrecognized account type"

Tide lovetide at qq.com
Mon May 27 20:32:03 MDT 2013

We have a third party mail system which can write/read accounts to/from AD using ldaps protocol, it works fine with active directory of windows server 2003.

When I test the mail system with samba4 DC, I can't disable user from the mail system, because the mail system write 0x800002 (8388610,UF_ACCOUNTDISABLED | UF_PASSWORDEXPIRED) to userAccountControl field of AD/samba4, and samldb returns "Unrecognized account type" error.

Is this expected behaviour or a possible bug?

# test from command line
ldbedit --show-binary -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb sAMAccountName=YOUR_ACCOUNT userAccountControl
# then change userAccountControl to 8388610, save, quit editor