[Samba] BDC needs a [profile] and [netlogon] share ?

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Fri May 24 06:49:34 MDT 2013

I looked through the smb.conf man page.    It looks like "login script"
should be relative to the netlogon directory.    I would set up
identical netlogon directories on both PDC and BDC.   Bothe machines
have the same login script parameter  .e.g.

	logon script = %U.bat

This means that you need to keep the login scripts in sync.  If you
update on the PDC, you should copy to the BDC netlogon directory.

I don't use the login script param on my system.  Instead, I use pdbedit
to specify the login script used by each user.    Each user uses the
same login script any way so when I update it on the PDC  I only have to
replicate that one script to the other machines.  It also makes it easy
to have a test login script for one or two users only.   Alternately,
rather than having a separate login script for all users you could just have

logon script = common.bat

 From a windows machine make sure you can see the netlogon share on each
DC.