[Samba] [samba4] smbd processes never die after logoff

Fri May 24 04:42:28 MDT 2013

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 03:15:03AM +0200, François Lafont wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Samba 4.0.5 in Debian Wheezy as a member server of a DC (in Debian Wheezy too with Samba 4.0.5) and the clients are Windows7 Pro. The users use shares in the member server.
>
> Sometimes, after the logoff of the users in the Win7 clients, there are connections with the member server whiches never stop. I can see it with the "smbstatus" command which point PID out to me and indeed with the « ps aux | grep smbd » I can see smbd processes whiches never die.
>
> I have try this in the smb.conf file :
>
>    deadtime = 10
>    socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_KEEPALIVE

Can you try to add the socket options

TCP_KEEPIDLE=120 TCP_KEEPINTVL=10 TCP_KEEPCNT=5

This should make the sessions go away more quickly in case
the clients just go away.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de