[Samba] [samba4] smbd processes never die after logoff

François Lafont flafdivers at free.fr
Thu May 23 19:15:03 MDT 2013

Hello,

I'm using Samba 4.0.5 in Debian Wheezy as a member server of a DC (in Debian Wheezy too with Samba 4.0.5) and the clients are Windows7 Pro. The users use shares in the member server.

Sometimes, after the logoff of the users in the Win7 clients, there are connections with the member server whiches never stop. I can see it with the "smbstatus" command which point PID out to me and indeed with the « ps aux | grep smbd » I can see smbd processes whiches never die.

I have try this in the smb.conf file :

   deadtime = 10
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_KEEPALIVE

But it doesn't work. This is a embarrassing problem for me because it takes resources of the server.

Thanks in advande for your help.

PS: here is my smb.conf for the member server :

[global]

   workgroup = MYDOMAIN
   security = ADS
   realm = MYDOMAIN.PRIV
   encrypt passwords = yes

   idmap config *:backend = tdb
   idmap config *:range = 70001-80000

   winbind trusted domains only = no
   winbind use default domain = yes
   winbind enum users  = yes
   winbind enum groups = yes
   winbind cache time = 300

   deadtime = 10
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_KEEPALIVE

[myhome]
    path = /home/%U
    hide files = *.ini/*.INI/*.bin/*.BIN/desktop - Raccourci.lnk/~*/
    read only = No
    browseable = Yes

[admhomes]
    path = /home