[Samba] Samba 4 Admt to other Domain Windows Server 2008

Pekka L.J. Jalkanen pekka.jalkanen at vihreat.fi
Tue May 21 02:46:15 MDT 2013

If I were in your position, to keep things simple I would first transfer
or seize all FSMO roles to the Windows DC, copy SYSVOL over to it as
well (Samba doesn't auto-sync it) and then take the Samba DC offline;
don't know if you did so already.

However, I believe that if you're still having problems after that
you'll really have to ask Microsoft, as an ADMT migration between two
domains running exclusively Windows DCs is no Samba problem anymore.

But just to give you a starting point: a quick googling with your error
message points me to the following discussion:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverDS/thread/f1c1e2b8-12d8-4fef-b9a3-ec6e671ad909

Perhaps you're having a permissions problem? My own experiences with
ADMT are such that it really takes a moment to set all the relevant
permissions & group memberships properly or else things won't work.

Pekka L.J. Jalkanen