[Samba] Samba 4 Admt to other Domain Windows Server 2008

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon May 20 22:07:11 MDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-05-21 at 12:02 +0800, wong lmark wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>

> I have tried to transfer fsmo. But I cannot sure that can transfer or
> not.
> In windows, I typed netdom query fsmo but it shown parameter is
> incorrect.

Then simply remove the Samba DC using the windows tools, and seize any
roles left on that DC.  If you tell windows it is permanently off-line,
it should do the right thing.  If you keep the Samba DC off during this
process, then if it doesn't work, you can still just power windows off,
and Samba on, and it should still be working.

> And then, I found that my win 08 ad cannot open the GPO.

You will have to transfer GPO files manually - we do not support the
replication protocol used for GPO files (sorry).

Andrew Bartlett