[Samba] configuring Shares, Users with Samba 4.0.5 as an AD DC

Ulrich Schneider man at ulrichschneider.de
Mon May 20 03:52:38 MDT 2013

Getting the error message ... raised the following question ... is it
not possible to run samba as an avtive directory domain controller and
use winbind/wbinfo at the same time?

uli at uli-sd30v10:/data$ sudo /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba -i -M single
samba version 4.0.5 started.
Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2012
At this time the 'samba' binary should only be used for either:
'server role = active directory domain controller' or to access the
ntvfs file server with 'server services = +smb' or the rpc proxy with
'dcerpc endpoint servers = remote'
You should start smbd/nmbd/winbindd instead for domain member and
standalone file server tasks
uli at uli-sd30v10:/data$