[Samba] frequent tdb corruption

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Thu May 16 06:31:35 MDT 2013

Hi

On 16 May 2013 12:15, Adam Thorn <alt36 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
>> Can you please clarify:
>>
>>  - Is the filesystem on this disk in any way shared?
>>  - Is the block device involved in any way shared?
>
> I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "shared" in this context, but the
> filesystem where the tdbs are stored is: pair of local disks => mirrored
> together via zfs => zfs filesystem.
>
> In case it's relevant: the samba config files are stored on a different
> filesystem. There are a set of multiple disks which are mirrored over
> the network with FreeBSD's HAST (pretty much equivalent to DRBD), and
> the HAST devices are then combined into a RAIDZ2 pool.

I think this is what Andrew was asking about.

DRDB, unless you have a cluster filesystem, needs to have only a
single machine accessing the filesystem at a time.  HAST's homepage
says the same:

"HAST works in Primary-Secondary (Master-Backup, Master-Slave)
configuration, which means that only one of the cluster nodes can be
active at any given time."

I think Andrew was asking if perhaps you had two machine accessing the
filesystem at once.

Do you still get the corruption with a local ZFS filesystem?

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>