[Samba] Fwd: Re: Re: Cannot ad­d/mo­dify ACL through win­dows ­client

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Wed May 15 02:46:50 MDT 2013

Hi Lucas,

> on both samba hosts (donald and pluto) these commands work great:
>
> id johndoe
> getent group
> getent passwd
>
> My pluto:/etc/nsswitch.conf looks like that:
> [...]
> passwd:         compat ldap
> group:          compat ldap
> shadow:         compat ldap
> [...]
>
> I want to add, that the described problem works fine if I try it on a share on "donald", my domain controller. The users are displayed fine under the security tab. So where could be the problem?

Users may be displayed because through query to the PDC.

If your nsswitch works properly, then I think we ought to look into your
smb.conf. Could you please post the global part? Are you using
security=user or security=domain?

What do you get with pdbedit -L -v ?

By the way, samba4 rocks and it is much easier to setup. You should try it.

Cheers,

Denis

--
Denis Cardon