[Samba] Samba 4.0.0 upgrade to 4.0.5 from source

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon May 13 23:07:14 MDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-05-13 at 16:03 +0300, Mārtiņš Gailītis wrote:
> Thnx, wuala :) There is no error restarting samba 4.0.0 after removing last entry "dns" of line "server services". Do i have to remove dnsupdate from config as well if i'm using bind for DNS purposes?!
> Will try to upgrade and see if everything starts as smooth as it does now!

No, just set 'server servers = -dns' if you don't want to run the DNS
server.

Also you may wish to run:

samba-tool dbcheck --reset-well-known-acls --fix

This will fix up some incorrect defaults we had with 4.0.0.  It will
however wipe any changes you have made to some ACLs (not all, just ones
we have special defaults for).

I hope this helps,

Andrew Bartlett