[Samba] Logon script via GPO

Luc Lalonde luc.lalonde at polymtl.ca
Mon May 13 10:38:35 MDT 2013

Hello Folks,

I'm trying to get a logon script to execute via a GPO with Samba 4.0.5.

I used the Group Policy Editor that came with the Administration tools and linked a simple 'logon.bat' batch file to automatically mount a network share for a given 'OU=students'.

When I log in with a user that's in this container, it does not seem to execute the login script.

Anyone have an idea why this isn't working?

Here's the Policy on the Samba4 server:

[root at foo Logon]# pwd
/usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/foobar.com/Policies/{A9793D9B-1FCF-4F7E-BB12-33F9383F8B92}/User/Scripts/Logon

[root at foo Logon]# ls
logon.bat

I've done this before on a regular non-samba AD domain...   What's missing to get this to work?

Thank You!
--
Luc Lalonde, analyste
Département de génie informatique: