[Samba] Winbind failover timeout?

Pekka L.J. Jalkanen pekka.jalkanen at vihreat.fi
Mon May 13 07:26:54 MDT 2013

I've got no answers, but I realised that I had a picked up a rather poor
title, so here's a better one, combined with a more concise summary of
my earlier babbling...

Are there any smb.conf settings that control (Samba 3) Winbind's DC
failover timeout when security = ADS? I do realise that there is a
setting called "ldap connection timeout", but I assume it is only
related to situations where domain logons have been turned on and
ldapsam is being utilised as a password backend. Is this correct?

In case such settings do not exist can anyone please explain me the way
that Winbind actually handles these failover situations internally?

How transparent should the failover process be in practice? Any experiences?

Thanks,

Pekka L.J. Jalkanen