[Samba] Reg License

Germ van Ek g.vanek at stationtostation.nl
Sat May 11 16:38:09 MDT 2013

I don't speak on behalf of any developers, but most times it is very difficult to change the license of an open source project, as the consent of all contributors would be needed which is nearly impossible. There are ways, but I don't think it is very likely.

Further information about linking gpl is widely available on the net.

Afaik it is always allowed to link to any library as long as you don't change it or open source only the changes to the library.

Best regards, Gerben