[Samba] Windows 8 and Samba 4 - network path not found

Carsten Laun-De Lellis carsten.delellis at delellis.net
Sat May 11 08:57:33 MDT 2013

Hi Hisham

First of all thankx for your reply to my post.

I Installed Samba with the repo package but then updated it and rebuild it
with the new source package from Ubuntu repo.

Regarding DNS. I did all the queries on the server itself as well as on my
Win8 Box. Everything worked fine. All services were available.

Regards,

Carsten Laun-De Lellis

Dipl.-Ing. Elektrotechnik

Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)

Hauptstrasse 13

D-67705 Trippstadt

Phone:   +49 (6306) 992140

Mobile:  +49 (151) 27530865