[Samba] Windows 8 and Samba 4 - network path not found

Carsten Laun-De Lellis carsten.delellis at delellis.net
Fri May 10 16:26:39 MDT 2013

Hi list

I have a problem and I hope anyone here can provide me a solution to my
problem.

I have a Samba4 Server installed on a hosted platform with bind9 flatfile
backend. The OS is Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. All tests on the server succeeded.

Name resolution works fine and also the sambaclient -L localhost -U% is
successful.

Whenever I try to join the domain with my Win8 machine I get the error
message: "Network path not found".

Does Win8 works with Samba4 in general ?

Where to look at when getting the error message ?

Thankx in advance.

My smb.conf file looks at follows:

[global]

        workgroup = DELELLIS

        realm = DELELLIS.LAN

        netbios name = RV1325

        server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate

[netlogon]

        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/delellis.lan/scripts

        read only = No

[sysvol]

        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol

        read only = No

Regards,

Carsten Laun-De Lellis

Dipl.-Ing. Elektrotechnik

Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)

Hauptstrasse 13

D-67705 Trippstadt

Phone:   +49 (6306) 992140

Mobile:  +49 (151) 27530865