[Samba] samba4 - windows 7+ partially synchronized roaming profile

samba at nisx.de samba at nisx.de
Fri May 10 05:21:06 MDT 2013

Hi,

I had searched long for the problem of only partially sync'd profiles on Windows 7/8 . Windows XP has worked fine.

There was always the error "Your roaming profile is not synchronized correctly with the server. You have been logged in with a partially synchronized profile".

The application protocol of windows told me that the file "\\leela$NOCSC$\profiles$\tn.V2\ntuser.ini" can't be copied to "C:\Users\tn\ntuser.ini" and  "Details - The System can't find the given file."

Testparam don't show any misconfiguration. But the problem was the parameter "wide links = Yes" in combination with "unix extensions = No" in the [global] section.

Now I put "wide links = Yes" only in that sections where this parameter is needed so that my section [profiles$] are not affected by "wide links" anymore and everything works fine now.

But what do "wide links = Yes" with the [profiles$] section that windows 7 profiles can't be loaded anymore? Does anybody know?

Smb.conf
# Global parameters

[global]
        workgroup = FUTURAMA
        realm = futurama.loc
        netbios name = LEELA
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
        server services = -dns
        dns forwarder = 172.16.16.254
        server string =
        map archive = No
        map hidden = No
        map readonly = No
        winbind enum users = Yes
        winbind enum groups = Yes
        winbind use default domain = Yes
        winbind nested groups = Yes
        winbind separator = +
        template shell = /bin/bash
        unix extensions = No
        veto files = /.recycle/
        panic action = /usr/bin/screen -d -m /usr/share/nolteinfosysteme/scripts/tsamba4restart.sh

[netlogon]
        path = /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol/futurama.loc/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        path = /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol
        read only = No

 [prog$]
        comment = Programme
        path = /opt/samba/var/shares/prog
        create mask = 0775
        force create mode = 0775
        directory mask = 2775
        force directory mode = 2775
        read only = no
        wide links = Yes
        browseable = no

[...]

 [profiles$]
        profile acls = yes
        comment = Profile
        path = /opt/samba/var/shares/profiles
        create mask = 0770
        force create mode = 0770
        directory mask = 2770
        force directory mode = 2770
        read only = no
        browseable = no

Regards
  Thomas Nolte
--
Nolte Infosysteme,  Im Sikfeld 8, 38304 Wolfenbuettel
Tel 05331-946210, Fax 05331-946211, Handy 0170-5508198

Computer, Netzwerk, Kommunikation www.nisx.de